Limited Late Model
2013_LIMITED_LATE_MODEL_RULES Feb 28
Click red link above for a printable version of the 2013 Limited Late Model Rules
2013 LIMITED LATE MODEL RULES
THIS IS A PROTEST DIVISION
Updated Feb. 28, 2013
No radios. Raceceivers mandatory.
1. Late Model bodies optional with 8″spoiler.
GM 602 engines allowed to run 12″ spoiler.
GM 604 engines alllowed to run 10″ spoiler.
2. All bodies must remain stock appearing (see late model drawings).
All body heights and dimensions must match 2013 East Bay raceway Park Late Model body rules.
3. After market steel and/or aluminum bodies may be used and must remain stock appearing.
4. NO fiberglass bodies allowed. A fiberglass roof and hood are allowed.
Must be able to prove that these items meet fire retardant standards.
5. Stock-type nose pieces are optional.
6. No lowering of roofs.
7. Factory-type bumpers or round tubing in original location. NO SHARP EDGES. ALL BUMPERS MUST TURN BACK TOWARD FRAME.
8. No wings, no mirrors.
9. Skirts allowed 6″ below front bumper.
10. TUNNEL… Full firewall (right half) is no longer required as long as the interior of car is boxed in. Drivers’ side must have full floorboard. Drivers’ seat must be 3″ ahead of left rear wheel.
11. Must have tow hook on front and rear of car.
12. FULL WINDSHIELD SCREEN MANDATORY. (maximum 1×2 square).
13. Pick-up truck bodies – OK. Must have truck type nose.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
1. Steel tubular clip chassis or stock clip chassis are allowed.
No aluminum or titanium allowed in chassis construction.
Rear frame optional.
Minimum wheel base is 101 inch.
Any round tube, square tube or rectangular tubing with minimum 1 ½ inch X .083” wall tubing.
Cars must have a suitable steel roll cage in drivers compartment including seat bracket and head rest mounted safely.
A minimum of three (3) door bars are mandatory on drivers side of roll cage. Each door bar must be round tubing with a minimum of 1 ½ inch X .095” wall thickness.
All cars must have either a 16 gauge steel plate welded to outside of door bars or a ¼” aluminum plate bolted to outside of door bars. This plate must reach from lowest door bar to highest door bar and from behind driver’s seat to at least 6 inches in front of seat.
Roll cage must extend at least 1” above drivers helmet.
Roll cage must be welded to the frame.
2. Frame to body or motor to frame optional. Engine to body optional.
3. Front suspension, steering box, steering quickener, rack and pinion, and a-frames are optional.
4. SHOCKS: Racing shocks allowed. Steel or Aluminum bodied shocks ONLY.
Coil-over and coil-over eliminators allowed. Spring size optional.
NO canister or remote reservoir shocks allowed.
Schrader valve shocks allowed.
SHOCK CLAIM RULE:
All shocks on any car are claimable for $200 per shock.
This must be done by driver on front straight, immediately following finish of race.
Proper claim form & $200 cash per shock must be given to flagman before
leaving racing surface to go to tech. If leave racing surface, there will be no claim.
Only drivers finishing on lead lap can claim any shocks on cars finishing ahead of them.
No claim on any car finishing behind claiming driver. Any driver refusing to allow a legal claim
will be disqualified and will not be allowed points or money for that event and will not be
allowed to compete in next 2 racing events.
Second offense of refusing to allow a legal claim will result in disqualification and
not being allowed to compete in the next 6 racing events.
5. Steering rods may be shortened or lengthened.
Tie rod ends may use steel or aluminum adjustment sleeves plus
heim tie rods. STEEL HELM JOINTS ONLY. NO aluminum or titanium.
Aftermarket spindles OK.
6. Sway bars and safety hubs on front are optional.
7. Rear suspensions optional. i.e. Coil, coil-over, coil-over eliminators, or leaf springs allowed. No mismatches: i.e. leaf/coil combination. Must be same on both sides of rear. No fiberglass or carbon fibre springs. Sliders on rear leaf cars permitted. 4-bar or 3-bar suspensions are allowed. Fifth coil set-ups on lift bars allowed. All trailing arms or heim joints on rear suspension must be steel. NO aluminum trailing arms or heim joints. Birdcages on rear ends are allowed. These birdcages are allowed to swivel. Single pan hard bars may be used on coil spring cars only, but must be approved by Tech Inspector. Heim ends may be used for mounting. NO adjustments while running.
D. REAR END
1. Rear End may be locked, Interchanged in rear end permitted. 2″ offset rearends. Quick change optional. Stock floaters optional. No Detroit lockers or any other rachet type rear end; spools are authorized, steel or aluminum.
2. Rear safety hub. Dual spline axle (safety hub) will be allowed. Grand National type.
Brake and clutch pedals may be stock or after market style. Four wheel disc brakes permitted. Calipers are optional. All must be operating. Right front brake optional.
F. DRIVE SHAFT
Stock with safety strap or chain. MUST BE PAINTED WHITE. May be altered for length. Steel, aluminum or carbon fiber driveshafts allowed.
Stock-type, Bert, Brinn or quick-change transmissions allowed. Must
have operational reverse gear. Automatics may remove torque converter.
NO direct drive or in/out boxes allowed.
Any type clutch in stock location. No ram couplers. MUST HAVE A 3″ INSPECTION HOLE IN BELL HOUSING.
a. Must be in stock location.
b. Aluminum radiators allowed.
1. Engine must be stock except for those items specifically spelled out in these rules. NO interchanging of internal parts. No high performance engines or parts. ALL accessories must be powered by engine. MINI-STARTERS ALLOWED. No aftemarket blocks. Manufacturer only.
a) Oil pump. Engine oil pump may be high pressure and high volume. (stock configuration)
b) If you are running CHEV 400 block, you will be allowed to run cooling lines to help cool the engine. Check with TECH before doing so. This also applies to all V8 engines.
GM CRATE MOTOR:
GM Crate Motor 602 (GM part number 88958602) or GM Crate Motor(GM part number 88958604 are allowed for competition in the Limited Late Model class. They must run a 2 bbl. Holley 4412 or a Holley #80541 4bbl. carburetor and it must pass East Bay tech for Holley carburetors.
The 602 or 604 crate motor must remain sealed as it was supplied by factory.
NO ALTERING, TAMPERING, CHANGING OR REMOVING OF ANY PARTS WILL BE ALLOWED.
GM Crate Motor 602 must weigh a minimum of 2450 lbs. with a 12″ spoiler.
GM Crate Motor 604 must weigh a minimum of 2550 lbs. with a 10″ spoiler.
NOTE: See 2013 Late Model rules for requirements and penalties associated with GM Crate Motors. Those rules and penalties also apply to the Limited Late Model class. Any re-builds will be required to be done by East Bay, Fastrack or NeSmith approved re-builders ONLY
CLAIMER ON GM CRATE MOTORS:
Any driver finishing on lead lap may claim one motor in car finishing ahead of him. The claim price for a GM 602 engine is $3,500 CASH.
The claim price for a GM 604 engine is $5,300 CASH.
This claim must be made to head flagman on front straight within 3 minutes of conclusion of event. IF DRIVER LEAVES RACING SURFACE AND PROCEEDS TO PITS, THERE WILL BE NO CLAIM ALLOWED.
ALL EAST BAY RACEWAY PARK RULES ON CLAIMS AND PROTESTS APPLY.
See Claims and Protests in general rules.
Milling of block permitted. Porting or polishing block is not permitted. NO ALUMINUM BLOCK. Lifter trays and screen on top of block allowed.
Any flat top piston, maximum .060 overbore, plus .015 tolerance. Floating wrist pins allowed.
a. Engines may be balanced.
4. RODS AND CRANKSHAFT:
Stock stroke for block being used.
a. 5.7″ long or 5.65″ long only
b. Any steel rod.
c. Polished stock rods.
d. Crank balancing optional.
e. Minimum weight on crank – 48 lbs.
5. HEADS & VALVES
a. Any ratio rocker arms.
b. All Chevy heads must remain within one degree of 23 degrees valve angle.
All Ford heads must remain within one degree of 20 degree valve angle.
All Mopar heads must remain within one degree of 18 degrees valve angle.
ALL HEADS MUST BE OEM STOCK OR OEM STROCK REPLACEMENT HEADS.
APPROVED OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT STEEL HEADS:
Dart Heads: World Products: GM Performance Parts:
#10021070 #043600-1 or -2 #3991492
10021070s 043610-1 or -2 141010837
10024360 043640-1 or -2 1409621
10024361 043650-1 or -2 10239906-vortec
10024364 Summit Racing:
10024365 #SUM-151124-vortec Racing Head Service:
Pro Topline : Smiley’s Racing Products:
#223 7694 167T #CC167CS
223 7694 217 CC167ES
223 6494 083 JPA350HS
223 6494 906- vortec JPA350HH
Max 194 heads. NO titanium valves. Valve retainer optional. Stainless steel valves O.K. No porting, polishing or gasket matching. NO ALUMINUM HEADS. Ford must run stock valve spring diameter and push rod. Screw-in studs and guide plates optional. Roller rockers optional. Valve springs optional, machining of head for large valve spring O.K. Retainers optional.
Ford must run stock size valve spring diameter and stock push rod.
VALVE SIZE: Chevrolet: intake-1.94” maximum– exhaust-1.625” maximum
Ford: intake- 2.02” maximum– exhaust- 1.654” maximum
Mopar: intake- 2.02” maximum– exhaust- 1.625” maximum
6. INTAKE MANIFOLD:
Any after market 4-barrell intake may be used. No porting or polishing, or gasket matching allowed.
a. Maximum 1.65 inch height adapter plate between carburetor and intake manifold. This includes spacer plus 2 gaskets.
b. No item or device of any kind may protrude more than a maximum of 4″ verticle through the hood.
7. ENGINE LOCATION -
Tubular clip chassis= Chevrolet engine-maximum 6” set back. No Tolerance. Must have 100 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
Ford or Mopar engines-maximum 6” setback. Must have 50 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
Stock clip chassis= maximum 6” set back. No tolerance.
Engine may be offset a maximum 2” from center, measured from ball joints.
8. CAMSHAFT -
Any flat tappet cam and lifters. No mushroom lifters or roller cams
Any non-adjustable push rod allowed.
Any stock factory electronics permitted.
Dual point distributor may be used as long as one side is blocked off and functions only as a single point system.
External coil wires on G.M. electronic dist. allowed.
a. MSD boxes allowed.
b. One 12-volt battery per car. NO 18-volt batteries.
c. No battery inside driver’s compartment.
10. ALUMINUM WATER PUMP PERMITTED
K. FUEL SYSTEMS
1. NO ROTARY FUEL PUMPS. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP
* 2. Any stock (GM TO GM) fuel pump or after market pump. Carter, Holley, etc. 8 lbs. pressure MAX.
1. Must use 1 Holley #4412 two-barrel carburetor or 1 Holley 1850, 3310,
80541 or Quadrajet carburetor.
a. Choke plate may be removed.
b. Jets and Power valve may be changed.
c. NO Other modifications to increase air flow.
d. Billett metering blocks allowed.
e. Only straight type squirter may be used.
Modifications to the carburetor or any of it’s components, or substitution of other than Holley parts without prior permission of East Bay Raceway Park.
will cause the vehicle to be classified as illegal.
Butterfly screw must extend minimum of .060 protruding through bar (thread side).
2. Fuel tanks 33 gal. maximum. Plastic fuel cells must be encased in aluminum canister. No electric fuel pumps.
Fuel petroleum base. (GAS!) Regular pump type gas, CAM2 or equivalent. NO TRICK ADDITIVES…NO ALCOHOL, etc.
M. WHEEL AND TIRES
Max. 12″ steel or aluminum wheel. No bead locks allowed.
TIRE COMPOUND AND HARDNESS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY FEBRUARY 16, 2013. If change is required, there will be a 6 week burn off period to use old tires.
No tire softeners. NO soaking of tires. NO preheating of tires. No chemicals of any type inside tire except oxygen or nitrogen. If found, tires will be confiscated and driver will receive a minimum $500.00 fine, loss of all points accrued to date and/or possible suspension. No grinding or removal of factory markings.
N. EXHAUST SYSTEMS
Headers or stock exhaust manifolds O.K. Mufflers mandatory at all times. Cars must finish races with mufflers. Approved track mufflers.
1. Schoenfeld #112535 Mandatory
2. Turn Downs are optional.
MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY
All mufflers must remain on vehicle and be in working condition through-out race.
98 decibel maximum measured at trackside.
Definition of stock means no modification to factory parts or factory specifications.
WEIGHT – Total weight minimum after race with driver
Stock or tube front clip cars= 2650 lbs.with an 8″ spoiler
Stock or tube front clip cars with 602 crate motor= 2450 lbs with
a 12″ spoiler.
Stock or tube front clip with 604 crate motor= 2550 lbs. with a
All tubular clip cars with Chevrolet engine must have 100 lbs.
mounted in front of flywheel.
All tubular clip cars with Ford or Mopar engine must have 50 lbs
mounted in front of flywheel.
Top 5 finishers must go across scale after feature and then report directly to TECH SHED. Tech inspector will inspect first five and anyone else track sees fit.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. ANO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.
The Management of East Bay Raceway Park